The River of God
02 December 2018, 11:15
Scripture for the week: John 7:38 “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.”
1. Ps. 46:5 The river that brings Joy to the city of God.
• Ezek. 45:9 This is a life giving river, everything lives.
• Jesus directs it into us and out of us John 7:38
• When living waters flow from every person or will come to life around us.
• We need … hearts that believe the scriptures
• The river will bring healing, deliverance and renewal.
• It flows from consecrated hearts, praying and dedicated to speaking the word John 7:21
2. Unity is important that will let the world know that Jesus is sent one.
• Out of all our weaknesses, selfishness exedra, Jesus prayed for Unity Ps. 133 And Jesus never changes
• John 12:48 There is a danger in rejecting Jesus.
• Two judgements: 1). Judgement seat of Christ 2 Cor. 5:10 with rewards 1 Cor. 3:11-15. 2). White throne judgement for sinners Rev. 20:11-15
3. Jesus Never changes Matt. 24:35, neither do His promises.
• Heb. 7:25 Jesus saves the gutter-most to the uttermost.
• To get to know Him, no what moves His heart.
¬ Spend time in His word Luke 19:41-42 Weep for your city .
¬ Spend time in praise and worship.
¬ Spend time in waiting on Him in prayer.
¬ No His heart for the Church Matt. 16:18
4. His disciples were in the flesh at the last supper.
• Who is the greatest Luke 22:24
• Yet Jesus prayed for unity John 17:23-24
• His disciples were at that time, deaf to His promises, blind to His sacrifice and ignorant to His vision.
• They had no revelation, courage or obedience, yet Jesus said John 7:37-38 with living water greater works will flow John 14:12
5. You must hunger and thirst John 4:13-14
• Living Waters speak of the Holy Spirit John 7:39
• Feast of Tabernacles – a Thanksgiving feast.
• Water fetched at the pool of Siloam in golden pitchers were poured over the altar with shouts of joy.
• This happened for 7 days. On the 8th day the priests marched around twice, yet the second time there were no water. Silence then Jesus called out. John 7:37-38
NB: My challenge to you – let’s drink until the rivers flow.