Faith That Breaks Through Like Water
07 April 2019, 11:15
Scripture for the week: 1 Peter 1:23 “since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;”
1. A breakthrough is an act or instance in moving forward or Beyond an obstacle that gives you a sudden advance.
• Spiritually: you experience new level of spirituality, born again, biblical truth becoming a reality, etc.
• Rom. 1:20 Natural compares with spiritual.
• Rom. 3:23 All have sinned Rom. 1: 16-17 The “Good News” is God’s power to salvation
1 Peter 1:23 Born Again of Godly seed,
• A woman’s water breaks – a new birth 2 Sam. 5:20
David experiences is a breakthrough at Baäl Perasin – ‘The lord of breaking through’ – A place of breakthrough.
• You have to break through something. Chuck Yeager 1/10/47 – broke through sound barrier.
• Question: What’s in your way for a breakthrough? We all need a breakthrough on some or other level: work, finances, family, etc. We all experience disappointments and failures.
1 Chron. 14:8-11 The picture- water breaking through.
2. How do I prepare for a breakthrough? There are steps:
3.1. Do I experience resistance? 1 Chron. 14:8 David’s kingship gets challenged! He needs a Godly breakthrough.
3.2. 1 Chron. 14:9 Refaim – the valley of giants
• You need help! Jahweh-Sabaoth: “the Lord of Hosts”
• We all battle with sin Rom. 7:17
• NB: Do you act fleshly or spiritually? Jesus experience resistance, Judas, Thomas and Peter.
• NB: Now you must enquire from the lord. Do you pursue or a flea?
3.3. Do you need guidance? Jericho – godly input gives victory. David: Fight or flee?
4. In what area do you need a breakthrough? 1 Chron. 14:10 David asks and receives an answer.
3 Things were clear:
1. Who was going to help, 2. Who was the enemy, and 3. The result.
NB: Be specific about the breakthrough that you need.
4. Decide to whom you are going to reach out to for help.
• Only the Lord can help!
• Self help? You decide…
God is the Lord of breakthroughs!
Jesus’ Love, Nevil