Faith In A Big God
04 November 2018, 11:15
Scripture for the week: Rom. 4:20
“He (Abraham) did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith giving
glory to God.”
There are many types of faith in the Bible – we look at a couple:
1. Communal faith: Rom. 1:12 Encourage one another in your mutual / communal faith John 3:16
2. Weak faith: Abraham did not weaken in his faith. Rom. 4:19 He kept given voice to God’s Word.
3. Strong faith: Rom. 4:20 Give God the glory and your faith will keep growing.
4. Little faith: Matt. 6:30 Believe that God will provide for you.
5. Great faith: Matt. 8:10 The Centurions’ faith for his sick servant. He said: “Lord, only speak the word.”
6. Unfeigned faith: Pure faith / sincere faith / openhearted faith. Genuine faith – real faith is not flaky. 1 Tim. 1:5 Don’t run after weird and wonderful things. Pure word founded preachers will anchor you in God’s Agapé love. Be childlike Matt. 18:2-5 1 Cor. 2:4-5 Stay at the simplicity of the Gospel and complete your life’s race! 2 Tim. 4:7
7. Temporary faith: Luke 8:13 Seed that falls on rocky ground. Deal with your rocky ground: bitterness / hatred / grudges / forgiveness / offense, etc. Prov. 12:3 Ps. 139:23-24 Ask God to show you.
8. Historical faith: There is a difference between historical faith and saving faith. Historical faith is an intellectual acceptance of the facts but there is no spiritual involvement. It can also be what God has done in the past! Yet He never changes. Heb. 13:8
9. Soulish faith: It accepts the word, but it says it does not work for me. It confesses Phil. 4:19 but does not believe in it. True faith has an action – “It’s Time”. It believes in the power of prayer.
10. Active faith: It is faith that goes into action. Why “It’s Time”? Esther 4:16; Acts 1:14; James 5:16
11. Doubtful faith: James 1:5-8 If you pray doubtfully you are unstable in all your ways and you will receive nothing from the Lord.
12. Unwavering faith: Heb. 10:22-23 This comes with trusting faith before the throne of God. Have a pure conscience and hold onto an unwavering hope through confession.
13. Godly faith: Mark 11:22-23 In reality God’s desires must become my desires then I will have God’s faith. Jesus in His humanity did what His Father wanted and He went victoriously through the death of the cross. Godly faith is victorious faith 1 John 5:4
14. Growing faith: 2 Thess. 1:3-4 When you are going through a very difficult time then there are 2 things that keep you standing namely endurance and faith (faith grows in pressure).
NB: Back to ‘Great faith’: Matt. 15:21-28 If you got offended you cannot have great faith. Great faith brings deliverance!