05 May 2019, 11:15
Scripture for the week: Is. 60:1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.”
- 60:1-3 Arise! Shine! Be radiant with the glory of the Lord is God’s plan for every believe it to be transformed and it happens as we connect with Jesus. It’s positive and and improves your standard of living.
- It is in line with 29:11 and 3 John 2 God’s desire is that it will be well with us in every area of our lives.
- NB: In South Africa a spirit of expectation is arising 2 Chron. 16:9 says God is seeking for people with a blameless heart, a loyal heart, people who him with their whole heart.
- 33:3 Is the SOS prayer.
- Question: Are you seeking Him with your whole heart?
- Arise! Shine! Is not a suggestion but a command!
- Jerusalem is Zion and is compared to a woman – she gets picked up out of her desperation. God’s power word “shine”.
- NB: You and I take the word and the word takes us.
- Zion is the church and the church is feminine – Jesus is the bridegroom and He is calling His Bride to arise, because the Bridegroom is the light that will enlighten the church.
- This word in its highest final instance is a word for the New Testament church.
- We look at the concept of light:
- Light is the absence of darkness and always stronger than darkness 1 John 5, 7-9
- Satan tried everything to nullify the light – with the birth of Jesus all the small boys (two years and younger) were killed in Bethlehem and surrounding areas.
- You cannot destroy light – it is the essence of God 1 John 1:5
- We the church, are Zion and also the Israel of God 6:16
- NB: Darkness is dangerous, it will hold you back and harm you. 1:2 Darkness is desert deserted and empty – the Earth was inhabitable.
- Darkness in a country needs a Godly intervention.
- 36:10 He is the Fountain of life and in His light we see the light.
- Christian, this is a challenge: Live in the light, do business in the light, keep relationships in the light, etc.
- For anything to be Godly it must be in the light.
- 1 John 1:7 Light works with the blood of Jesus, it cleanses.
- When something is Godly, it is fulfilling, satisfying, friendly, lovable and joyful.
- Mary as an example: Gabriel says she will give birth to Jesus Luke 1:38 She says: “let It Be according to your word” – the word impregnated her.
- Tradition can kill the word Mark 7:13
- NB: Is that which you believe the word or tradition?
- 1 Kings 8:55, 56, 59 3 Things: Solomon blesses the nation with a loud voice, Moses’s good words come to pass, there’s enough righteousness for every days need.
- Arise! Shine! Believe the word, confess the word, live the word, let the word dwell in you.
- The challenge: Say: “let It Be to me according to the word”. Bless all you have and all you are, bless your life
65:16. Single women: Is. 54:5 bless your future.
NB: The prodigal son got up! So you can too!
Jesus’ love, Nevil