A Transformation from a Lamb to a Lion
11 November 2018, 11:15
Scripture for the week: 2 Cor. 10:4
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.”
1. Rebirth brings a transformation 2 Cor. 5:17-18 You come into God’s Kingdom Col. 1:13-14 now your mind needs renewal Rom. 12:2
2. The urgency of the present is a transition from a Lamb to a Lion and from a Sheep to a Soldier.
• 2 Tim. 2:3-4 If you have more than one talent work with all.
• God deals with the church in different aspects.
¬ The family aspect: made from one blood, saved by one blood. God as the Father, Jesus as the Saviour, the Holy Spirit as the power giver, we as the children.
• God’s love for us, our love for Him and each other is the foundation of the New Testament.
3. Then God calls us His building, His Temple, His field, His fellow workers, His body. 1 Cor. 3:9
• Then there is the relationship with the Lord as the Head Shepherd.
• Then we fulfil good works. Eph. 2:10
• We are created for the Potter’s pleasure.
• A sheep must be part of a flock and be in a crawl (a church).
• We are His building, His Temple, His dwelling place, His handiwork, His masterpiece, His field, His orchard John 15:1
• We must bear fruit Rom. 11:7
4. Yet we are looking at Jehovah Sabaoth – The Lord of Hosts and we are in a fight of faith Ex. 15:3;
1 Tim. 6:12
• Israel were slaves for 400 years, not soldiers.
• Bless Israel to be blessed. Gen. 12:3
• I want to prophesy and say: “Soldiers stand up!” Ez. 37
• Today the church is God’s taskforce Eph. 6:10 Lion of Judah.
• Sheep follow the Shepherd, but are also soldiers.
5. David cared for his father’s sheep and he fought against a lion and a bear to protect the sheep. Against Goliath to protect God’s sheep. Ps. 144:1; Jer. 51:20-21 King Cyrus was God’s instrument to free the Jews from Babylonian slavery.
• We must live in the full armour of God Eph. 6:10-18
• Use your authority in the Name of Jesus and use the blood Rev. 12:11 Use praise and worship Acts 16:25-26
6. The spiritual battle is over S.A. because the country is at a turning point James 4:7 A spirit of murder is destroying. A lack of knowledge destroys Hos. 4:6 Knowledge of the Lord Hos. 6:6; 2 Pet. 1: 2 -3
• Parliament house is not the answer – God’s house is!
• Prayer is the big key Matt. 7:7 (Amp.) We win the fight on our knees!